Blurb by Lauren Lisembee , FOUNDER.
This beautiful box signifies our very first card delivery to establish our first safe house partnership with Freedom Place, under Arrow Ministries in Texas.
About: Freedom Place
Freedom Place is a residential facility for minor survivors of human trafficking, primarily of sex trafficking.
Freedom Place Facebook Page
Since WOYH was co-founded inside of an anti-human trafficking coffee shop called A 2nd Cup.
About: A 2nd Cup
A 2nd Cup Facebook page
We were connected to a volunteer coffee barista who was also a direct service provider at Freedom Place. We were able to hand deliver this box of cards to her & the cards were directly delivered to the girls who were living at Freedom Place at that time. The girls made is thank you cards and sent them back to us, thanking us for the cards we made for them.
The girls at FP were also inspired by the cards we made for them & made cards for survivors at a sister ministry safe-house in another country!
How we feel about how this started, and where it is going…..
“FIGHT SONG” by Rachel Platten
“This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I’m alright song
My power’s turned on
(Starting right now) I’ll be strong
I’ll play my fight song
And I don’t really care if nobody else believes
‘Cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me”.
STAY TUNED….We’ve got so much more to tell you about.
When: Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Where: To Be Announced
What: Come make home made cards for survivors of human trafficking and those who support them. Buy jewelry made by those who have been rescued from or who are at risk for human trafficking to support them financially.
Join our event on Facebook, here!
Written on Your Heart exists to unite & engage the community to encourage & inspire survivorship.
Current Focus: survivors of human trafficking
1. We are a CBO (Community Based Organization) at the moment!
2. We just started in September 2012
3. We deliver the cards to other partner 501c3 organizations including: Freedom Place, Free the Captives, Traffick911, Chrysalis Mentoring, Redeemed Ministries, and we have also delivered cards to an NGO in Azerbaijan (near Russia).
What you can do now:
1. Donate in-kind materials (card supplies):
scrapbooking paper, scissors, glue, pens, sharpies).
2. Get a group together to make cards and send them to us to deliver.
3. Let us know about other organizations that house survivors of trafficking (shelters or refuges);
especially in the Houston or surrounding areas.
*We want to use RECYCLED paper and products as much as possible to make our cards with!*
Check out our facebook page for updates and events as we plan them here!